Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Finding Pantone Colors





I design fabrics for Taylor Joelle Designs and we often need to give exact pantone colors to the printers.

I usually start with iPad sketches in custom colors (like my little hedgehog above). Then we pay someone to make it a pattern (don't have that totally figured out yet).

The problem is - how do I determine Pantone colors from one of my sketches?

I found a simple method here in Planet Photoshop - thank you!

First import the image into Photoshop.

Then...

Here's their tip:

Ever wanted to know what a specific color would be in a specific library (like Pantone)? Select the color with the Eyedropper tool (I). Click on your Foreground color swatch to open the Color Picker. You will notice there is a button for Color Libraries. Click on that, and it will bring you the approximate color swatch for whatever library you chose.

I used the Pantone solid coated library to generate my colors - it worked great.


And this Pantone color finder site is a great place to check your findings.

No comments: